Sunset Beach Pet Friendly Homes
Sunset Properties Dog Friendly Terms & Conditions
- Dog - friendly homes/condos require a $150 non-refundable fee when guests bring a dog, which will be added to the rental charge. There is an allowed maximum of two dogs totaling 150 pounds per rental home.
- Each guest is responsible for any and all damages to the premises caused by their dog, including, but not limited to: urine, chewing, scratching or destruction of property.
- Each guest must pick up after their dog at all times in all locations on the island. NO EXCEPTIONS-IT'S THE LAW.
- Excessive barking is prohibited. If your dog has separation anxiety, do not leave him/her in the home alone. Guests found in violation of this regulation will be fined and/or be asked to leave, forfeiting any remaining rental nights.
- Dogs must be even-tempered, well behaved, sociable, and in good health. If your dog is anxious, aggressive, or likely to be highly stressed, it is probably in his best interest to make alternative plans.
- All dogs are required to use flea prevention such as Frontline or Advantage.
- Please be sure to clean and vacuum regularly during your stay.
Due to ongoing complaints, these regulations have been created in an effort to create a more harmonious environment. Please be conscious of your neighbors, many of whom reside permanently. If problems continue, dogs may not be allowed in particular condos or homes. Please help us to continue our “dog friendly” service to you and your pet.
We wish you and your dogs a happy and safe vacation on Sunset Beach!
Town of Sunset Beach
Please be aware of the town ordinances concerning dogs. The town of Sunset Beach has jurisdiction on our island and the following rules apply. For a complete listing of town ordinances please see www.sunsetbeachnc.gov
Note: Below is a paraphrase of the town ordinance.
Please leash your dog at all times. Between Memorial Day to Labor Day, dogs are not allowed on the beach from 8am through 6pm. It’s no fun to have wet, sandy dogs shaking on you as you sunbathe. For health and safety issues you must remove any feces and deposit in trash receptacles from all locations on the beach strand and island.
When you bring your dog to Sunset Beach please remember the following:
We have a lot of traffic during the summer. Dogs off leash are at risk of being hit by cars and are in violation of leash laws. Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
Salt Water:If a dog drinks this, it will cause vomiting and diarrhea. Please have water available for your dog when walking or out on the beach.
Beach sand and pavement become very hot during the summer.If you cannot walk on the sand or pavement in your bare feet your dog will be uncomfortable also.
In case of an emergency any of our local veterinary hospitals may assist during normal business hours. At night or after hours emergency service may be limited. Please keep this in mind if your dog is ill or has a chronic disease.